"He was an exceptional leader and extremely passionate about his work. I still carry everything I learned during my time working with him to this day."
- Daniela Duron, former Atlanta Falcons intern (direct report), who went on to run social for and win a World Series with the Kansas City Royals
"One of the true hard-working 'good guys' out there. Jay taught me a ton about balancing/prioritizing work load and keeping a level head, while always striving for self-improvement."
- Kyle Scott, former Atlanta Falcons video production intern, current video production manager with Canadian Football League
"I have hired Jay, twice in fact, and he has been terrific both times. He is a hard-worker who really stays focused on the task at hand and does a wonderful job with whatever he is working on."
- Daniel Shirley, former sports editor at The Albany Herald and Macon Telegraph
"He was always brainstorming new ideas and wasn't afraid to try anything new when it came to social media. His creative mind would be an asset to anyone!"
- Morgan Alverson, former Atlanta Falcons social media coordinator (direct report), current senior content strategist at Syrup Marketing
"Jay’s social engagement program took the Falcons from dead last to a top 5 NFL team in social rankings. ... Jay and I changed much about how the NFL does digital today, and I’m very proud to have worked with such a uniquely talented and open minded expert in his craft."
- James Hicks, former Atlanta Falcons digital media designer and developer
"...An exceptional storyteller. ... Jay knows how to tell those stories in myriad formats -- from a longform feature to a pointedly worded tweet -- which makes him a valuable asset in any number of media landscapes."
- David Hale, former co-worker at The Albany Herald and Macon Telegraph; current college football writer at ESPN
"Jay is hard-working, conscientious, smart, takes criticism and coaching well, learns fast, is knowledgeable about trends ... just hire this man already!"
- Seth Emerson, co-worker at The Albany Herald and Macon Telegraph, current writer for The Athletic
"Jay was a true mentor and leader during my time with the Atlanta Falcons; the kind I hope to emulate in the future. Any organization would be lucky to have Jay as part of their organization in any capacity. And any employee would be lucky enough to have Jay as his/her boss and peer."
- Emily Adams, former Atlanta Falcons intern (direct report, no relation)